Thursday, 13 August 2015

Clarins Everlasting Foundation +


Back in February, Clarins relaunched their Everlasting Foundation. After reading the reviews, it seems everyone was long lovers of the original and not so much a fan of its new revamp. I've come into this Everlasting foundation blind, I've never used the original and if I'm honest, I hadn't heard much hype about it to begin with. Like I say in every post - it's always the packaging that sways me into purchasing mode. It was the frosted glass and gold lid that made my little eyes light up this time. 

This has a thicker consistency compared to foundations I have been using in the past. The major benefit of having a thicker foundation is you are forced into a rampant blending routine, however the downside is the time it takes to do this routine and if you’re in a rush it's not the greatest. The scent immediately brought me back to the time I was using the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. This was around the time I thought it was super cool to choose the palest shade going; my friends soon confessed that I looked slightly grey at times. Luckily, I have moved on to choosing a similar shade to my skintone. I ordered this online and took a stab in the dark when it came to my shade and thankfully I got it right, but if I had known about findation.com when I ordered it, there would have been a lot less 'umming' and 'ahhing'. Findation.com is practically a foundation shade directory. If you know what shade you are for one brand of foundation Findation.com can tell you what shade you will be for another brand. Pretty nifty, don't you think?

The first time I wore this, I put it to the ultimate test. I did a 14 hour shift and I was surprise to see that despite my feelings of tiredness, my makeup did not show it. Since wearing this I have noticed I am less oily around my t-zone, I can thank the bamboo powder added to the formula for that. This has a matte finish which I personally don't get on with. I find that it can enhance the look of any bumps and pimples on my face. I'm yet to experiment with different applications of this foundation. At the moment I am using the Real Techniques Buffing brush which on its own delivers a fuller coverage compared to other brushes. Unfortunately, I don't like this foundation enough to keep using it everyday. However, I have a sneaky suspicion that I will use it again in a few months when my skin has changed, who knows I may even fall in love with it.

The Verdict: It's a nice foundation but it doesn't work for my skin at the moment. I'm not ready to write off completely though.

Have you tried Everlasting Foundation +  or the original? What foundations are you trying at the moment?

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. First review I have read on this foundation, so kudos for originality girl! This is such a lovely review, I really enjoyed reading it :) I love full coverage, matte foundations, so this sounds right up my street! Will definitely put it on the wishlist. Also, thanks for making me aware of Findation. I'm a huge foundation girl so this will come in handy!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds a really nice foundation, unsure how well it would work on my dry/normal skin type! might be able to get a sample and try it out soon!

    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab review and great tip about Findation- I've always wondered what shade I'd be in higher end foundations but have been too afraid to buy in case i got it wrong haha. Thanks :)

    Love With Fire Red

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAA I am in love with this post! thanks for sharing, you have an amazing blog. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have bought it purely on the packaging too haha. I hope it agrees with your skin the next time you use it. Thanks for the tip about the website. I've just had a look and I'm so pleased you've shared this. Lets hope I don't get carried away with buying foundations now haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Packaging is always something that sways me to buying a product too! I've never heard of this before, eager to take a look at it though! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Findation.com sounds so handy, I'll definitely be using that in the future. This sounds quite good for oily skin, but for someone who suffers with breakouts a lot, a foundation that enhances the look of bumps is definitely not for me!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Clarins! Amazing brand <3 I've never tried this foundation, but thoroughly enjoyed reading your review - love good & honest reviews!
    I'm loving my MAC ProLongwear SPF10 liquid foundation - I re-purchase it bottle after bottle only varying the shade depending if I'm tanned or not lol.
    New to your blog & love it - will be following yay :)
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard too much about this foundation but I'm glad you told us your thoughts on it!
    Charlotte // charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Daisie Grace Gibson. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig